Welcome to richardparry.studio (“Richard Parry” or “I”). Since graduating from Goldsmiths in 2006, I have developed my artwork alongside the trust of my collaborators, clients and audiences. I endeavor to understand their interest in art, at the same time, protect their privacy. I publish this Privacy Notice to let you know how I will collect, use, and protect personal information about you.
This Notice covers information that you give me when you bid on an artwork, purchase something from me, commission an artwork, register for or attend any of my events around the world, visit my studio or website, request a printed catalogue, sign up for any of my newsletters, or publish information on richardparry.studio webpages on social media accounts.
HOW RICHARD PARRY COLLECTS INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Personal information is information, or a combination of pieces of information that could reasonably allow you to be identified. I will collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including information I collect from you directly (e.g. when you contact me), information I collect about you from other sources and information I collect automatically from you, as described below:
Information I Collect Directly From You
What types of information I collect from you depends on how you get in touch with us and what information you choose to provide or make available to me. I collect information from you when you:
- - Give us your data to make us able to give you a service, as the core of our business
- - Submit questions, requests, other communications to us via email or other communication media
- - Contact us for support through any media (human voice, phone, email, direct mail, etc.)
- - Visit this website.
Information I Collect From Other Sources
I may make video or audio recordings of my events, exhibition spaces, and certain live events.
Information I Collect Automatically
I may use common data collection technologies as you visit my websites or interact with my emails. My logs gather date, time, information about your browser and system or device configuration, information about how you interact with my digital properties, and an IP address for all visitors to my sites. I use this information for my internal security purposes, for trend analysis and system administration, and to gather general information about my audiences and their geographic locations.
How I Use Information About You
I use data about you for the following purposes:
- To manage and assure the integrity of my operations.
- To fulfill your commissions and purchases, facilitate sales, provide the services, publications, catalogs, and information you request, and manage your enquiries and requests and to manage your relationship with me.
- To send you information about upcoming events and content that you may be interested in.
- To improve and personalize based on your inferred interests my website and services.
- To expand my online audiences.
- To provide, maintain, and protect my digital offerings.
- To protect against risk of fraud by clients.
- To protect and defend my rights and property, you, or third parties.
- To comply with legal obligations to which I am subject and cooperate with regulators and law enforcement bodies.
- For any other purpose that I tell you about specifically when you contact me or provide information about yourself to me.
WHEN I MAY DISCLOSE INFORMATION THAT IDENTIFIES YOU
I may disclose or transfer data that identifies you to other companies or entities only as follows:
- To business partners and vendors that work on my behalf to provide services such as art transport, mailings, payment processing, fraud prevention and data storage.
- To organizations I partner with to host events.
- To law enforcement or other entities that present valid legal process or in my discretion, unless otherwise prohibited by law, to protect human safety, my rights, or the rights of others.
- To meet certain legal compliance requirements for example, under AML (anti-money laundering) laws, or customs laws and regulations.
Receiving marketing messages from me. I may contact you by email.
- You may stop email marketing by using the “opt out,” or “unsubscribe” mechanism at the bottom of my email marketing messages.
- If you reside in the European Union (“EU”) you have the legal right to ask me not to process personal data about you for marketing purposes and to revoke your consent at any time. To make such a request, please contact email@example.com.
INFORMATION SECURITY AND STORAGE
I protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Please be aware, though, that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. I will keep your personal information for as long as I have a relationship with you. Once my relationship with you has come to an end, I will retain your personal information for a period of time that enables me to:
- Maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes.
- Comply with record retention requirements under the law or other relevant legal or regulatory requirements.
- Defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims.
- Deal with any complaints regarding the services.
- Preserve historical records of transactions and property.
- I will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes.
My websites are directed to adults, including young adults. They are not directed to children, particularly under those under the age of thirteen. I do not accept them as clients or knowingly collect data about them.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
My websites contain links to other websites not owned or controlled by me. Those websites may collect information about you. I am not responsible for their practices or content.
HOW TO CONTACT ME
For questions about this Privacy Notice please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact: Richard Parry
140 Lewisham Way
London SE14 6PD
Who is responsible for your data?
If you transact in a private sale in the EEA or Switzerland Richard Parry will be the data controller for that data. My name and contact details will be set out in your purchase agreement, private sale agreement or invoice. If you visit richardparry.studio, another Richard Parry website or use a Richard Parry app, then the data controller will be Richard Parry, a UK entity, and this Notice contains his contact details.
What is the legal basis on which I rely to process your data?
On some occasions, I processes your data with your consent (e.g., if you ask mey to send you information about upcoming events).
On other occasions, I processes your data when I need to do this to fulfill a contract with you (e.g., for billing purposes) or where I am required to do this by law (e.g., where I have to fulfill anti-money laundering requirements). If it is mandatory for you to provide data for these purposes, I will make this clear at the time and will also explain what will happen if you do not provide the data (e.g., that I will not be able to process a transaction).
I also process your data when it is my legitimate interest to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. For example, I have a legitimate interest in ensuring the security and integrity of my website, in learning about the interests and preferences of my current and prospective clients, in developing new business opportunities, in maintaining accurate business and provenance records, and in ensuring that my websites operates effectively. When I process personal information to meet my legitimate interests, I put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected and to ensure that my legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
I may transfer personal data to countries outside the EEA, including to countries which have different data protection standards to those which apply in the EEA.
You may ask me for a copy of your personal information, to correct it, erase it, restrict my use of it, or to transfer it to other organisations at your request subject to local law. You also have rights to object to some processing and, where I have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent. In particular, you have rights to object to direct marketing at any time. Where I process your data because I have a legitimate interest in doing so (as explained above), you also have a right to object to this. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where I can demonstrate that I have a legal requirement to process your data. If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact me at the details above. I encourage you to contact me to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal information I hold about you is inaccurate. I will contact you if I need additional information from you in order to honor your requests. I hope that I can satisfy queries you may have about the way I process your data. I am committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. However, if you have unresolved concerns and believe that I have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities.
Changes to this Policy
You may request a copy of this Notice from me using the contact details set out above. I may modify or update this Notice from time to time. If I change this Notice, I will notify you of the changes by updating this Notice on my website. Where changes to this Notice will have a fundamental impact on the nature of the processing or otherwise have a substantial impact on you, I will give you sufficient advance notice so that you have the opportunity to exercise your rights (e.g., to object to the processing if you are located in the EEA or Switzerland).